António Augusto de Aguiar, 27
This building, completed in 1944, benefits from a prime location on the corner with Rua Eng. Canto Resende, which has access to the Eduardo VII Park, right in front of El Corte Inglés.
Its impressive turret stands out on top of the 6 floors of residential apartments and offices, all served by a lift. The ground floor is intended for commercial use.
The project was designed by the architect Raul Tojal (1899-1969), who became known for some works, namely: the Palladium, the Imperium tea room and the Suíça pastry shop, in Lisbon, and the Hotel Algarve in Praia da Rocha. In the 1960s, in collaboration with Manuel Moreira and Carlos Roxo (a group that became known as the “Trio Maravilhas”), he decorated numerous commercial spaces, namely the Loja das Meias, in Lisbon (1961).
Raul Tojal (1899-1969)
No. of floors