António Augusto de Aguiar, 9
Municipal Award 1943
Located just metres away from Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, this building, completed in 1943, is part of a sequence of architecturally harmonious buildings. The entrance door bears a beautiful frontispiece sculpted in stone, representing two birds among the trees.
It is distributed over 6 floors of residential apartments, with a lift, the ground floor being intended for commercial spaces.
The design, distinguished with a Municipal Prize, is by the architect Jacobetty Rosa (1902-1970), whose conceptual uniqueness is very evident in the work he left behind all over the country: the Jamor National Stadium, the Caldas de Monchique thermal spa and the pousadas (small luxury hotels) of Elvas, Santiago do Cacém and São Brás de Alportel. He was awarded a Valmor Prize (1931), together with the architect Reis Camelo, for the design of the building in Rua de Infantaria 16, 92-94.
Jacobetty Rosa (1902-1970)
No. of floors